|Application Name||Final Fantasy XIV|
|Release Date||September 30, 2010|
|Genre||MMORPG, Fantasy RPG|
|Supported Device||PS4 / PS5 / Windows / Mac|
|Price||For New Players||Standard Edition||Physical||$59.99|
|The Latest Expansion||Standard Edition||Physical||$39.99|
|Developer / Publisher||Square Enix|
|Official Social Media||Twitter / Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitch|
Final Fantasy XIV is a popular massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG). It was launched worldwide for Microsoft Windows and PlayStation 3 in August 2013, as a replacement for the unsuccessful 2010 version of the game. It was later released for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and the Mac operating system.
The game takes place in the fictional world of Eorzea, five years after the events of the original 2010 release. At the end of the original game, the primal dragon, Bahamut escapes from its lunar prison to initiate the Seventh Umbral Calamity, an apocalyptic event that destroys most of Eorzea.
Thanks to the gods’ blessing, the players escape the devastation by time traveling five years into the future. As Eorzea rebuilds and recovers, players must face the impending threat of invasion by the Garlean Empire from the north.
FFXIV features a persistent world in which players are able to interact with the environment and with other people. The game invites players to create and customize a digital avatar to enter the world.
Players are able to choose a gender, race, facial features, a name and a starting class. Unlike the original game, players may only choose to be a Disciple of War or Magic. Disciples of the Land and Hand are initially locked.
In the game, players are able to participate in various activities. However, it is recommended that they first follow the main quests before participating in other adventures. Players are able to complete various side quests, class and job quests.
During their adventures in Eorzea, they may come across a Full Active Time Event, more popularly known as FATE. The game currently features various FATES. Players can thus either fight ravenous beasts or bandits, among others.
Once players have reached a certain level, they will be able to take on the Disciples of the Land and Hand jobs. Disciples of the Land are the harvesters. They procure materials from the lands of Eorzea and take them to be used by the Disciples of the Hand.
The Disciples of the Hand have the ability to use materials to craft new objects. It is believed that they are the backbone of the Eorzean economy. It is important to note that classes within this discipline do not participate in battle. Instead, they earn their levels by crafting various new items.
- FFXIV: How to Desynth
- FFXIV: How to make Gil
- FFXIV: How to change class
- FFXIV: When do you get a mount?
- FFXIV: Where to buy Gysahl Greens
- FFXIV: How to transfer HUD settings
- FFXIV: How to get to Western Thanalan
- FFXIV: Island Sanctuary workshop season 13
- FFXIV: Island Sanctuary Workshop Season 14
- Final Fantasy XIV Ocean Fishing guide
- Final Fantasy XIV Blue Mage leveling guide
- FFXIV Anima Weapon guide
- FFXIV Ishgardian Restoration guide
- Final Fantasy XIV’s Zadnor
- Final Fantasy XIV’s Island Sanctuary
- Final Fantasy XIV’s Jumbo Cactpot
- Final Fantasy XIV’s Inferno Jacket
- Final Fantasy XIV All Saints’ Wake event 2021
- Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker’s changes for Ninja
- Final Fantasy XIV’s Astrologian
- Final Fantasy XIV’s Unidentified Magitek
- Final Fantasy XIV’s Xanthos
- FFXIV: Blue Mage spells
- FFXIV: 80 – 90 crafting
- FFXIV: Controlled Chaos
- FFXIV: Soul without Life
- FFXIV: Exarchic gear
- FFXIV: Before the Dawn
- FFXIV: Fashion Report
- FFXIV: Error code 90002
- FFXIV: Housing
- FFXIV: 2B Outfit
- FFXIV: Yak Milk
- FFXIV: Auroral Clam
- FFXIV: Faux Hollows
- FFXIV: The Wanderer’s Palace
- FFXIV: Tank mounts
- FFXIV: Horse mounts
- FFXIV: Dog mounts
- FFXIV: Bird mounts
- FFXIV: Warrior
- FFXIV: Zenos
- FFXIV: Heardle
- FFXIV: Grand Company Ranks
- FFXIV: Creamy Oyster
- FFXIV: Gaia
- FFXIV: Military-grade Tomestone
- FFXIV: Azem
- FFXIV: Island Sanctuary
- FFXIV: Most fun tank
- FFXIV: Shades of Shatotto
- FFXIV: Abyssos loot table
- FFXIV: Euphrosyne
- FFXIV: Otter Fountain
- FFXIV: Versatile Lures