|Application Name||Destiny 2: New Light|
|Release Date||October 1, 2019|
|Genre||MMO, Action, First-Person Shooter|
|Platforms||Xbox / Windows / PlayStation / Steam / Stadia|
|Price||Free (a tailor-made version of the full game Destiny 2)|
|Developer / Publisher||Bungie|
|Official Social Media||Twitter / Facebook / Twitch / Instagram / YouTube|
Destiny 2: New Light, generally known as Destiny 2, is a popular free-to-play online multiplayer game. It is the sequel to 2014’s Destiny and its expansions.
The game is developed by Bungie and was originally released as a pay-to-play game in 2017. However, it became free-to-play using the games as a service model, under the New Light title in 2019.
The game takes place in a fantasy, science fiction world. Players are able to participate in two distinct gaming modes: player-versus-environment (PvE) and player-versus-player (PvP). It is important to note that the PvP mode features traditional death matches and objective-based modes.
PvE consists of three-player strikes, dungeons and six-player raids. It also features a free-roam patrol mode, which is available for each area that features public events and other exploration activities. However, it also focuses on the interactions with the non-playable characters (NPCs).
Destiny 2 invites players to take on the role of a Guardian, who are protectors of Earth’s last safe city. Players have a choice between three different Guardians, including the hunter, warlock and titans. It is important to note that each Guadian has its own unique skills and abilities.
The following table indicates the name and description of each Guardian:
|Proud and disciplined, Titans lead from the front with stalwart defences and aggressive assaults.|
|Hunters are quick on their feet and quicker on the draw. They blaze their own trails and write their own laws.|
|Warlocks weaponize the mysteries of the universe in order to sustain themselves and devastate their enemies.|
The Guardians wield a power called Light, which is used to protect humanity from various alien races. Additionally, they battle the looming threat of the Darkness.
Similar to the original Destiny, it features of various expansion packs. The expansions introduce a lot of new content to the game, which keeps players engaged and interested.
In addition to the classes, Destiny 2 features nine different factions. They are in-universe groups with which various characters and players can align themselves with. It is important to note that each faction has a reputation associated with it.
Reputation is gained by performing certain activities, and it will periodically rank up when a specific amount has been earned. When a player ranks up, they will receive a package, which contains a random piece of Faction specific gear.
Destiny 2 currently features the following factions:
- The Black Armory
- Spider’s Crime Syndicate
- Iron Banner
- Trials of Osiris
- Emperor Calus
- Destiny 2’s Dinosaur Armour
- Destiny 2’s Reed’s Regret
- Destiny 2’s Fractal Rolls
- Destiny 2’s EDZ Obelisk bug
- Destiny 2 Vanguard ranks
- Destiny 2’s Kinetic bows
- Destiny 2 best auto rifle
- Destiny 2: Of the Realm Emblem
- Destiny 2: Zydron
- Destiny 2: Forsaken Ciphers
- Destiny 2: Liquid coils vs Accelerated coils
- Destiny 2: Putting mods on Exotics
- Destiny 2: Adagio perk
- Destiny 2: Refined Qualichor
- Destiny 2: Antiquarian VII
- Destiny 2: Iron Banner Loss Farm
- Destiny 2: Daily red border
- Destiny 2: Iron Countershade
- Destiny 2: Fly the Flag Bounty
- Destiny 2: In it to Win it
- Destiny 2: Record Setter triumph
- Destiny 2: Guardian Games Neptune Activities
- Destiny 2: Unsated Hunger
- Destiny 2: Omnioculus
- Destiny 2: Maeve’s Key
- Destiny 2: Fishing Spots
- Destiny 2: Legacy Collection
- When does Destiny 2 reset?
- Destiny 2: How to get barrier breach ability
- Destiny 2: Molten Overload not working
- Destiny 2: Gunnora’s Seal bugged
- Which Destiny 2 DLC should you buy in 2023?
- Destiny 2: It’s in the Cards bug
- Destiny 2: Efficient Angler Bugged
- Destiny 2: Vault Cleaner